Task Force Sales Associate (Remote available)
Job Summary: The Task Force Sales Associate is a key member of the national sales team supporting both new and existing lodges in closing group room and catering business. The Task Force Sales Associate is responsible for assisting existing lodges who have temporary vacancies due to attrition or leaves, and immediately stepping in to support wherever directed, including selling and/or servicing. Additionally, this role will work closely with the Corporate Director, Strategic Accounts in servicing key national accounts as assigned.
- For assigned lodge sales territories, exceed sales targets by closing new and repeat room and catering business
- Where directed, travel to assigned lodges to quickly develop a deep understanding of the meeting space, product offering and servicing protocols; develop relationships with property sales and operations teams to enable successful coverage of assigned sales responsibilities.
- Convert group and meeting inquiries to sales via fast response time, compelling sales proposals, exceptional sales skills and diligent client service
- Demonstrate strong account management fundamentals, including effective entry of all activities in CRM system, tracing next steps, pipeline management and setting future meetings
- For assigned accounts, monitor room blocks and communicate with appropriate property personnel on a regular basis regarding group room pick-ups, rooming lists, etc.
- Where directed, complete Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and Resumes for clients and operations departments to communicate specific needs, contracted/agreed-upon details and pricing for the meeting, event or program
- As lodge vacancies are filled, ensure seamless transition of leads and accounts back to the property sales team in addition to the training and onboarding of new Pack Members
- As directed by Corporate Director, Strategic Accounts, support new lodges by effectively responding to inbound leads and converting to room, catering and birthday revenue
- As assigned, provide account management support of key national accounts, including accurate entry of contracted business in CRM systems, regular monitoring of room block pickup and regular communication with the client; partner with lodge and corporate accounting to ensure invoicing and payment aspects are completed in a timely fashion
- Partner effectively and collaboratively with Lodge leadership, operations and sales teams
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and alignment with key members of the revenue management team and national commercial team
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- College degree from an accredited university, Business or Hospitality preferred
- At least two years in Sales or Event Management team position in the hotel and lodging industry
- Demonstrated organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated record of success in consistently exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated technology expertise, particularly in CRM and hotel reservation systems
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills including the ability to handle and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work and influence cooperatively
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated collaborative team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-direction
- Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products
- Unblemished record of confidentiality
- Ability to travel 30% or more
- Position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S.; modest adjustments in working hours may be needed to match time zones of assigned lodges
- Deep knowledge of Opera and Amadeus (Delphi) software