Pay: $17.50 per hour
A Security Supervisor is responsible assisting the Security Manager with day-to-day operations of the security department, performing supervisory duties, training of new security pack members, as well as protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and pack members
Security Supervisor Duties:
- Assist Security Manager with daily paperwork review and follow up. Examples = DAR's, timecard review, incident reports from previous day.
- Complete inspections of security equipment for operational status, report or repair equipment not meeting operational standards.
- Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the lodge to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintain order in the lodge, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of lodge policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of lodge guests, pack members, patrons and property.
- Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the manager on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Complete daily reports and incident reports.
- Administer CPR and First Aid as needed
- Supervise shift operations and all investigations conducted on shift, follow up on all investigations until complete
- Promote a positive lodge guest experience
- Perform all supportive functions of a Security Officer
- Make recommendations and assist in decision making regarding staffing levels and disciplinary action of department pack members
- Maintain key issuance procedures using KeyWatcher System, Salto System, and contractor sign out procedures.
- Maintain the RedBeam System for company property issuance
- Maintain the operation of the security department in the absence of the Security Manager, this will include on call times when the Security Manager is on vacation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Security Manager
- Prior security, law enforcement, or military experience required; 3 or more years' experience preferred
- 1 year in a continuous supervisory position or equivalent
- 1 years' experience in the hospitality or tourism related field
- Computer experience and knowledge using programs such as outlook/outlook 365, MS office suite, and ability to learn payroll program, daily activity / incident report programs.
- Must be available to work any shift
- Must be willing to work most weekends and some holidays
- Security Officers must be a minimum of 18 years of age, 21 years of age to be able to operate company owned or rented vehicles.
- High School Diploma
Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the building, function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and surrounding area.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.