Manager, Human Resources
Pay: $70000 per year - $70000 per year
At Great Wolf, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for execution of HR strategy to support and grow our most important asset - our Pack. In this role you will partner with lodge leadership to ensure the HR function helps drive success and supports achievementof Great Wolf Lodge business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides ongoing support and guidance in day to day recruiting. Oversees recruitment and hiring of supervisor and manager positions as well as other open roles as assigned.
- Effectively assesses and prioritizes staffing needs as well as develop and drive strategy to improve staffing levels.
- Understands labor model and is able to activate recruiting and staffing strategies based on fluctuations in staffing levels
- Plans effectively for hiring needs based on forecast, turnover, and current staffing levels
- Ability to manage and run full scope of performance management including goal setting, coaching and performance management and execution of pack member performance appraisal process.
- Conducts investigations as assigned, presents findings and recommends outcome.
- Conducts training to effectively onboard new Pack and new leaders and ensures assignment and training completion of required courses in Great Wolf University.
- Supports Pack Member development by offering coaching and guidance around career paths.
- Performs gap analysis against competency models and works with leaders to develop their Pack for career growth and succession.
- Oversees leave administration, payroll administration including oversight to tenure increase porcess and other reporting as assigned by HR Director.
- Handles day to day benefits questions and helps lead annual Open Enrollment process.
- Oversees workers compensation claims working with the both the insurance company and with the injured employee.
- Leads employee recognition and Pack culture through event planning, constant reinforcement and marketing of recognition program.
- Communicates information and ideas clearly, confidently and articulately both in oral and written form.
- Provides feedback that supports pack member’s growth, development and engagement
- Assist in building bridges between departments, leaders and Pack Members across the lodge
- Follows all federal and state employment law in decision making process and escalates areas of risk or potential liability.
- Works to stay up to date on federal and state law changes and demonstrates a working knowledge of basic law as it pertains to worker's comp, payroll, hiring, termination and other employment related decisions.
- Provides administrative support as needed for operations including; payroll, time and attendance, inventory, ordering, and other data input.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degreein HumanResources, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1yearprevious HR experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Multi-tasking ability
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous experience in hotel/resort/theme park industry
- Human Resources certification or other specialized training
- Experience utilizing HR Technology Physical Requirements
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time