Management Development Program
The Management Development Program (MDP) is an accelerated rotational development path to a leadership role with Great Wolf Lodge. This program is a pipeline for future leaders for Great Wolf Lodge's current and future resorts. Through a combination of hands-on experiences, structured learning and coaching MDP Associates will be exposed to a broad array of disciplines within the resort vacation destination environment. Upon successful completion of the MDP program, MDP Associates are expected to move into Management and Director level roles.
- 2-year program with 4 challenging 6-month rotations
- Experience 2 to 3 different lines of business such as: Guest Services, Housekeeping, Retail & Attractions, Food & Beverage, Sales, New Lodge Openings
- Work at 2 to 3 different lodges across our brand
- Network with program participants, within your assigned lodges and across the company
- Participate in professional development and targeted growth opportunities in resort operations, leadership experience and business acumen
What you will gain:
- Hands-on experience across multiple lines of business to accelerate your career path in the entertainment and leadership field
- Exposure and visibility to top leaders and executives across the company
- Confidence and experience in leading projects that will provide value to the organization
- Frequent feedback and coaching to support your growth and development throughout the program and beyond
- Opportunity to work and learn from a diverse set of pack members and leaders
- Training and development focused on your personal and professional development as well as key competencies in the entertainment industry that will prepare you for a manager or director level position upon program completion
- Apply academic learning to practical assignment experiences
- Execute Management functions by demonstrating strong leadership and communication skills.
- Coach and develop a team of associates
- Drive and exceed business performance goals by developing & executing strategies; determine business-driving opportunities
- Analyze trends, identify business opportunities, execute strategies, and collaborate with key partners
- Drive employee engagement and recognition of success
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Obtain a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university by May 2024
- Available to relocate and begin program by June 10, 2024
- Minimum one year job or internship experience (previous experience in hospitality or entertainment not required)
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum
- Willingness to relocate to any Great Wolf Lodge location
- Strong business acumen and ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Ability to solve problems and drive results through others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
- Schedules will include working nights, weekends and holidays
- A degree with a major in hospitality, business or a related field
- Passion for service
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern family vacation business
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
MDP Associates may be located at any Great Wolf Lodge location and will likely rotate between locations during the program’s duration.