Management Development Program
The Management Development Program (MDP) is an accelerated rotational development path to a leadership role with Great Wolf Lodge. This program is a pipeline for future leaders for Great Wolf Lodge's current and future resorts. Through a combination of hands-on experiences, structured learning and coaching MDP Associates will be exposed to a broad array of disciplines within the resort vacation destination environment. Upon successful completion of the MDP program, MDP Associates are expected to move into Management and Director level roles. This program is a rotational program that requires relocation. Your relocation will be decided after the interview process and is not based on where you apply. Please only apply to 1 location.
- 2-year program with 4 challenging 6-month rotations
- Experience 2 to 3 different lines of business such as: Guest Services, Housekeeping, Retail & Attractions, Food & Beverage, Sales, New Lodge Openings
- Work at 2 to 3 different lodges across our brand
- Network with program participants, within your assigned lodges and across the company
- Participate in professional development and targeted growth opportunities in resort operations, leadership experience and business acumen
What you will gain:
- Hands-on experience across multiple lines of business to accelerate your career path in the entertainment and leadership field
- Exposure and visibility to top leaders and executives across the company
- Confidence and experience in leading projects that will provide value to the organization
- Frequent feedback and coaching to support your growth and development throughout the program and beyond
- Opportunity to work and learn from a diverse set of pack members and leaders
- Training and development focused on your personal and professional development as well as key competencies in the entertainment industry that will prepare you for a manager or director level position upon program completion
- Apply academic learning to practical assignment experiences
- Execute Management functions by demonstrating strong leadership and communication skills.
- Coach and develop a team of associates
- Drive and exceed business performance goals by developing & executing strategies; determine business-driving opportunities
- Analyze trends, identify business opportunities, execute strategies, and collaborate with key partners
- Drive employee engagement and recognition of success
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Obtain a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university by May 2024
- Available to relocate and begin program by June 10, 2024
- Minimum one year job or internship experience (previous experience in hospitality or entertainment not required)
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum
- Willingness to relocate to any Great Wolf Lodge location
- Strong business acumen and ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Ability to solve problems and drive results through others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
- Schedules will include working nights, weekends and holidays
- A degree with a major in hospitality, business or a related field
- Passion for service
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern family vacation business
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
MDP Associates may be located at any Great Wolf Lodge location and will likely rotate between locations during the program’s duration.