Interior Design Intern
The Corporate Internship Program at Great Wolf is a 10-week program that provides college students with paid, meaningful experience that compliments their current coursework. Through an experiential and structured approach to learning, interns will gain hands-on experience with real-life work that is tied to the success of the team and Great Wolf's purpose of Bringing Joy to Families. In addition to meaningful assignments and working in a supportive business environment, students will be invited to participate in professional development opportunities, social activities to get to know fellow Pack Members and build relationships across other departments, and more. Students can expect regular mentorship and feedback to help develop the skills and experience that will position them to grow in their career area of choice.
The Interior Design Intern will work closely with Great Wolf's Design/Construction/Development team, based out of our Corporate Headquarters located in Chicago, IL. Great Wolf Resorts is America's largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, and we're undergoing an exciting progression into our next generation of resorts. This includes implementing a number of design improvements and enhancements across our lodges including guestrooms, public areas, entertainment, attractions and food and beverage.
Experiences You Will Gain:
In this role, the Interior Design Intern will gain exposure to a wide variety of hospitality design projects including guest rooms, restaurants, retail, and public space spaces. The intern will have opportunities to shadow the Design Director in design meetings relating to ongoing renovation and new build projects. Responsibilities will include updating and maintaining the design library. One major intern project will include updating the digital brand standard platform that hosts all design material and product specifications for architectural and interior design finishes and FF&E. This is a great opportunity for a student pursuing a career path related to design, interior design, or similar. You will work closely with a talented team and receive mentorship and hands on assignments that directly impact Great Wolf's growth and development.
Basic Qualifications & Skills:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s program focused in design, interior design, architecture, or similar (rising Junior or Senior preferred)
- Unrestricted work authorization in the United States (sponsorship not provided)
- Willingness to work in a hybrid environment out of the downtown Chicago corporate office
- All employment offers contingent upon a successful background check
About the Great Wolf Corporate Internship Program:
- 10-week full-time program based in our Corporate Headquarters located in Chicago, IL
- Work on a hybrid schedule (Mon/Fri optional work from home, Tues/Wed/Thurs in the office with your team)
- Meaningful, business-driven assignments and projects
- Regular mentorship and individualized performance coaching and feedback
- Cohort-based onboarding and learning
- Professional development opportunities
- Social events and activities
- Paid company holidays