Director, Guest Services
Pay: $90000 per hour - $90000 per hour
Director of Guest Services- Full-time-Salaried $90k-$95k annually
At Great Wolf, our Director of Guest Services strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction, maximize the financial performance of the department and monitor compliance with standards and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and leads the Front Office, Reservations, PBX, Bell Services and Kids Experience departments
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Achieves guest services operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Maintains guest confidence by maintaining service levels; inspiring repeat visits; making the resort a "family tradition"
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Enhances resort reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Hotel Management (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 3+ year previous Guest Service management experience, demonstrating ability to develop comprehensive organizational plans and managing people to obtain individual and organizational goals
- Successful completions of a criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience at Director level at family themed resort
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of tasks with minimal direction
- Proven teamwork skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time