Corporate Retail Intern
The Corporate Internship Program at Great Wolf is a 10-week program that provides college students with paid, meaningful experience that compliments their current coursework. Through an experiential and structured approach to learning, interns will gain hands-on experience with real-life work that is tied to the success of the team and Great Wolf's purpose of Bringing Joy to Families. In addition to meaningful assignments and working in a supportive business environment, students will be Invited to participate in professional development opportunities, social activities to get to know fellow Pack Members and build relationships across other departments, and more. Students can expect regular mentorship and feedback to help develop the skills and experience that will position them to grow in their career area of choice.
The Retail Intern, based out of Great Wolf Lodge’s Chicago headquarters, will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for strategy and implementation of Retail business across Great Wolf’s 19 lodge locations across the United States. During your internship, you will have the opportunity to learn within the hospitality industry about various aspects of operations, while using project management and coordination skills directly impact the experience of our guests and revenue generating opportunities for our business. Work alongside and learn from a diverse team with backgrounds including retail, and operations leadership.
Experiences You Will Gain:
- Collaborate with Corporate Retail and Operations projects including rolling out new initiatives, gathering feedback and information from our partners across our multiple lodge locations, and more.
- Gain exposure to the Buying, Planning and Product Development
- Develop surveys and feedback tools to communicate and gather data on new and existing initiatives across the company
- Leverage project management skills to support projects and programs that directly influence our guest experience and business performance
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program focusing on business, operations, hospitality, retail/entertainment, or related.
- Relevant coursework, volunteer work, or internship experience and/or demonstrated ability to proactively learn and contribute to relevant projects
- Willingness to work in a hybrid environment out of the downtown Chicago corporate office (housing, relocation, and transportation not provided)
- Unrestricted work authorization in the United States (sponsorship not provided)
- All employment offers contingent upon a successful background check
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to influence others and lead a project
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability and proactive problem solver
- Curious and willing to learn and seek feedback to contribute to the goals and work of the team
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to challenges
Highlights of Great Wolf’s Corporate Internship Program:
- Meaningful assignments/projects
- Professional development opportunities
- Social and networking events designed to build relationships within your team and across Great Wolf 1:1 mentorship
- Cohort-based learning and activities
- Kitchen stocked with free snacks and refreshments, catered lunches once a week